Friday, April 2, 2010

We Stand Corrected

Introducing .......
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Apparently our last ultrasound was incorrect -we are actually having a GIRL! It was quite the surprise but we're rolling along as planned. Her name is Kaitlin and we haven't picked a middle name just yet.

All is going well with the pregnancy. About 2 weeks ago I started to finally feel Kaitlin kicking which was very cool. Overall I'm feeling good. At my 21w1d checkup yesterday I was "only" up a total of 7lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy. I did loose quite a bit of weight after my IVF cycle and overall I'm 3 lbs heavier than my Pre-IVF weight so I think I'm doing pretty good. The only ache I'm having is my back which is starting to bother me more and more.

We managed to buy the bedding for the nursery this week. Here is a picture:

It's manufactured by BananaFish and the name is BubbleGum. Matt picked it out and he's very proud of his choice :) Painting on the nursery will begin this weekend ... either Pink or Yellow, I haven't decided yet. We did manage to get the room all cleared out and so it's totally ready to go.

The C-Section date hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully in the next 5-7 weeks. I was told that it's tentatively August 5th but that will depend on the hospital.

Our hospital tour is this coming Tuesday, April 6th. We're looking forward to getting the lay of the land and scope out potential wi-fi spots to send back pictures. The hospital is pretty far from our home. It's about 60 miles from our home and over 2 hrs. with traffic, so Matt won't be able to come home frequently during the stay.

Overall all is going well! Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to get a new update! Loving the bedding choice Matt :)
    Kaitlin is a beautiful name and both myself and Poppy can not wait to meet her!! All girlie things popping up around the house to share with "Katie"....I know how to do a girl!
    ~Grammie Spiegel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that crib bedding. I came very close to purchasing that for Liza! It's quite popular.

    ReplyDelete